Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Brown Sugar Chewies! YUM

Hey guys! I have a special treat for you!! The past couple days have been pretty stressful for my fiance and I. With all the wedding planning, work, car problems, etc. we have had our plates full!
So earlier this morning when he went to work I thought I could suprise him with a yummy treat when he got home!
I didn't have time to run to the store so I found a recipe that I could make using everything I already had in the pantry! Saved me time and money!

So here it is... Brown Sugar Chewies!
 
I found these amazing little treats online on Ms. Paula Deans' website! I absolutely love her!! Good ol' southern girl:)

These were incredibly easy to make and taste so yummy.

Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min


Ingredients you will need: {I found these to turn out thinner than wanted so next time I will double the ingredients used}
1/4   chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1   beaten egg
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter




Directions:


First you start by preheating your oven to 350 (since it only takes a few minutes to get it ready, you may want to preheat your oven then do some house chores because I had to wait forever for the oven to be at the right temperture)


Then spray a small baking pan with easy pan release. Set baking pan aside.
 In a small sauce pan melt the butter, then turn off the heat.
Once butter is completely melted and heat is off, add brown sugar and stir until smooth (make sure there aren't any clumps.
Beat your egg, and add mixed egg to pan with brown sugar
Stir the egg in completely.
Add flour and baking powder to the brown sugar mixture and blend until no powder is visible.
Next you add the chopped pecans and vanilla flavoring, mix it all together.
Then you pour the mixture into your pre sprayed baking ban. Spread mixture out evenly in pan    ( I used a rubber spatula which worked really well)
Then place pan in oven (heated at 350df) and let cook for 20 minutes.

Once your treat has cooked for 20 minutes, it should look something like this.
Let the chews cool for about 10 minutes.
Once chews are cool you can add a little bit off confectioner sugar to the top.
Now all that is left to do is... ENJOY!!!

My fiance loved them and said they were very tastey!!
 Hope you all enjoy this recipe, check out Pauladean.com for even more yummy treats!

Until next time!
Alyssa
 

1 comment:

  1. That looks super yummy! I want to try some!

    sincerelymealways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete