Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Taco Poppers

Hey guys! How have you been?
My life has been going crazy lately! (hence the lack of recent posts...sorry!)
Kris and I have been going through job changes and wedding planning and a lot of other non interesting things. LOL! So I haven't really had a chance to cook, bake, or anything.

But, today I ran over this yummy recipe for dinner, after making it I feel like it would work better as an appetizer, snack, party food, etc. It was very cheap and very simple, I had most of the ingredients at home already.
So here it is!!


Taco Poppers:

Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins

Ingredients you will need:

Tortilla Shells
1 lb Ground Beef
Salsa of choice ( I used 1 can of Rotel)
Corn (optional, Kris said he would have preferred it without)
Dry Taco Seasoning
1 can refried Beans
Shredded Cheese

Optional: Toppings: Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, hot sauce, black olives

Also you will need:

2: 12 cup muffin pans
Drinking glass or round cookie cutter
Pan release spray



Directions:

Preheat oven to 425


Start by laying tortilla shells out spaced apart, and use glass or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
I didn't have normal sized tortilla shells so I used the small ones I had, which gave me two circles. Also, my drinking glass didn't seem to work and I did not have a cookie cutter.. so I used a medium round tupperware container lid.

Next spray the muffin tins with pan release spray.
Now you press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin)
After that cook the ground beef on a medium heat until browned.

Add some taco seasoning.


Next mix refried beans, corn, taco seasoning, salsa, and drained ground beef together.

Now you use a spoon to fill shells with taco mixture,

Once filled with mixture, top with shredded cheese.

Place tins in oven and cook for 15 minutes.



Once poppers have cooled pop them out of muffin tins and enjoy!!!




These were definetely a hit at my house!!! Everyone loved them, Kris even ate 9 of them!!!Yikes!

Hope you and your loved ones give this recipe a try, and enjoy them as much as we did!!!

Until next time
Alyssa


No comments:

Post a Comment